Tent 1 – Puck’s Pump School by Puck Enterprises
During Puck’s Pump School, attendees will learn about operations and crew management, as well as performance systems for an efficient operation. Puck’s manure application experts cover a range of topics, cavitation, friction loss, pump curves, safety features, quality of life, and more. If you’re looking for a one-on-one Pump School course, Puck can tailor a session to your needs. Ask at the show or call 712-655-9200.
Brought to you by Puck Enterprises
Tent 2 – Completing the liquid manure management puzzle by Soil Regeneration Unlimited
Jim Martindale, Consultant, Soil Regeneration Unlimited
Beau Popejoy, President, New Solutions Ag
New Solutions Ag and Soil Regeneration Unlimited team up to present protocols for preventing greenhouse gas emissions from storage and fields during and following application without creating groundwater contamination.
In addition, evidence will be provided to prove by third party soil microbiome demographics that these protocols enhance soil health and control soil-based plant pathogens.
Tent 3 – Economic and environmental outcomes from a manure management decision support tool
Speaker: Sudharsan Varma Vempalli
Economic and environmental outcomes from a manure management decision support tool – New Speaker: Sudharsan Varma Vempalli, Research Associate, University of Arkansas
Tent 4 – Unveiling the future of agriculture: Exploring innovative manure products for sustainable farming by Oxbo International
Speaker: Steve Pesik, Marketing Project Coordinator
Join our educational session on the latest advancements in manure products, where you’ll learn about innovative technologies and sustainable solutions that transform animal manure into valuable resources, promoting environmental conservation and agricultural productivity. Discover how these solutions can provide application flexibility, increased application window, reduced costs, and improve nutrient application placement on your farm or for your customers.
Solid Manure Demonstrations – Spreaders and Compost Turners – Stack Cover Demo
SMART maps for accurate application: See first-hand how an in-field spreading map app can help get manure where you want it and not where you don’t.
Choose from four Educational Tent Sessions
- 8:00-8:30 – Manure emissions during agitation and processing: Reducing risks from hydrogen sulfide – Becky Larson
- 8:30-9:00 – Applying fall manure for hybrid rye – Melissa Wilson
- 9:00-9:30 – Nitrification inhibitors and manure – Melissa Wilson
- 9:30-10:00 – Testing manure: Variability and trends over time – Nancy Bohl Bormann
- 8:00-8:30 – Real-time nutrient sensing for precision manure application – Joe Sanford
- 8:30-9:00 – Biochar and manure management – Joe Sanford
- 9:00-9:30 – Nitrogen mineralization in treated manures – Chris Baxter
- 9:30-10:00 – Dealing with uncertainty in manure for application decisions – Dan Anderson
- 8:00-8:30 – Interaction of cover crops and manure – Matt Ruark
- 8:30-9:00 – What’s the relationship between manure and soil health? – Matt Ruark
- 9:00-9:30 – A web-based interactive calculator to estimate manure value – Nesli Akdeniz
- 9:30-10:00 – Are you future ready? – Shelly Mayer
- 8:00-9:00 – Manure innovations of the Northeast – Heather Darby + Kirsten Workman
- 9:00-9:30 – Impact of copper sulfate footbath use on manure, soil and forage copper concentrations – Eastern Wisconsin – Aerica Bjurstrom
- 9:30-10:00 – Manure separation systems – Becky Larson, PhD
Enjoy Exhibitors – Visit Vendors
Description: Experience a live GPS spread hazard map showing setbacks and restricted areas as you drive through the field. Record keeping capabilities will be demonstrated.